According to a study of more than 1,000 small-business owners by Humana and the National Small Business Association (NSBA), 93 percent of small business owners consider their employees’ physical and mental health to be important to their bottom line, and 54 percent say it’s “extremely important.”
What health and wellness issues are small business owners in Texas concerned about?
- High employee stress is the number one concern for small business decision-makers, especially at smaller companies, with stress levels rating more than triple other employee well-being concerns.
- Employees working when they are sick is second – 57 percent reported that their employees show up for work when they should be taking a sick day.
Another comprehensive analysis, of 42 published studies of worksite health promotion programs, showed that companies that implemented an effective wellness program realized significant cost reductions and financial gains including, on average:
- 28 percent reduction in sick days
- 30 percent reduction in workers’ compensation and disability management claims
- 26 percent reduction in health costs
- $5.93 to $1 savings-to-cost ratio.
Health and wellness programs can be a win-win situation for small businesses, fostering healthier people and healthier profits.
Talk to us today about a wellness program for your work place in Texas. Phone: 214-501-9613
450 S.Denton Tap Rd. #1711 Coppell, TX 75019