According to a recent article by the The New York Times, People buying their own health insurance should shop around for the best deal.
Here's a quick rundown of the facts
Obamacare rates are on the rise. It’s estimated by the federal government that the average mid-level Obamacare plan, the most popular choice, will cost about 22 percent more in 2017 than it did in 2016.
For people who buy their own insurance, shopping around & switching plans may be the best way to save money on their individual health insurance.
For people on federal subsidies, if you’re willing to switch to a less expensive plan, this may mean you will likely not to have to pay the full cost of your insurance once the increase takes place.
For people that get their insurance through a group health insurance plan by thier employer, or who are covered through government programs like Medicare; will most likely be unaffected by the rate increase.
Important: Enrollment opens November 1st. For coverage effective January 1st, people need to pick a plan by December 15th – Making sure you’re ready starts right here.
5 Advantage’s to Using a Health Insurance Agent in Texas
- It’s free. It costs you nothing to use an agent & it does not affect the cost of your policy.
- We can make recommendations and help you to compare several different plans.
- We make it easy for you to understand your options.
- We’re your advocate even after you enroll.
- You will not receive mutiple phone calls with several agents and your name will not be sold on a list.
WilkersonInsuranceAgency.com Phone: 214-501-9613 450 S.Denton Tap Rd. #1711 Coppell, TX 75019